IBMÂ® Toolkit for Swift on z/OSÂ® is ideal for clients who need modern technologies to develop applications on IBM z/OS. By embracing the Swift programming language, clients gain access to millions of Swift developers worldwide. Clients can leverage the same technology and pool of skills for end-to-end application development. Swift-enabled applications, when executed on-premises with data stored on IBM ZÂ®, exhibit performance improvements compared to Swift applications running on the cloud.
Key features in Swift 4.0
- Compiler - deploy your applications to z/OS
- Standard Library - execute Swift applications on z/OS and use Foundation, libdispatch, and XCTest libraries for z/OS
- Core Libraries - includes Foundation, libdispatch, libc and XCTest libraries for z/OS
- Package Manager - automate the process of downloading, compiling, and linking dependencies using this tool. It is integrated with the Swift build system and manages the distribution of Swift code.
- Sample Swift application based on Kitura - build your knowledge with an application that demonstrates various features of Kitura, a light-weight web framework that allows you to easily build web services with routing support for handling client requests