IBM Z Open Unit Test is an automated unit testing tool for batch and CICS programs.
IBM Z Open Unit Test works in conjunction with IBM Z Open Development to create a powerful continuous development, testing, and delivery environment.
- Automated Unit Testing for COBOL and Batch PL/I programs
- Test case generation for COBOL CICS programs, with stubbing and mocking
- Verification of VSAM and Sequential files
- Stubbing of VSAM and Sequential files
- Creation of file stubs by importing from notepad or spreadsheet or from an existing sequential file
- Assertions and automated Pass/Fail checking
- Support for Negative Testing
- Data recording and playback capabilities for Batch and CICS COBOL programs
- Data recording capability for Batch and CICS COBOL programs helps to get started with an initial set of data for testing a single program
Continuous testing and delivery in a modern development environment
- Environment independence with stubbing outside of the CICS region
- Generated test cases are COBOL or PL/I programs that can be stored in any SCM along with the programs they test
- Test cases can be invoked from the IDE or as part of a CI/CD pipeline
- Code coverage to validate changes are covered by tests
- Ability to export code coverage results to IBM Application Discovery and Delivery Intelligence
- Allows export of test results in JUnit and SonarQube format
- Supports debug of the program under test as well as the testcase
IBM Z Open Unit Test V1.0 requires:
Prerequisite software must be installed and operational before the product will work. Co-requisite software is required to support specific features of Z Open Unit Test. These requisites must be installed and operational at runtime for the corresponding features to work as designed.
For a complete listing of the IBM Z Open Unit Test software requirements including prerequisites and co-requisites, see the Software Product Compatibility Reports.