IBMÂ® ZÂ® Development and Test Environment provides a platform for mainframe application development, testing and employee education. It enables z/OS, middleware and other z/OS software to run on Intel and Intel-compatible on-premise system and cloud instance without the need for z Systems mainframe hardware.
Learn more here.
Learn more here.
Develop and test z/OS applications anytime, anywhere
Develop software that exploits the latest z14 capability on x86 system.
Comprehensive z/OS 2.3 software distribution to power your API revolution.
Virtualization support opens up deployment to cloud, including deployment to SoftLayer via IBM Cloud Managed DevOps.
What's New in Z Development and Test Environment (ZD&T)
What's New in V12.0.4
- Numerous enhancements to the web-based interface and corresponding APIs available with the Enterprise Edition, including:
- Web interface and REST API support for creating ADCD application images with extracted IBM Z components from IBM Z Db2 subsystem.
- The ability to configure the number of cryptographic coprocessors used to run zPDTÂ®.
- ZD&T REST API support through Zowe API Gateway.
- The ability to start an offline or stopped a deployed emulator with a new set of IPL parameters.
- The ability to delete definitions of IBM Z mainframe systems that are not in use.
- ADCD May 2019 z/OS 2.3 software distribution.
- zPDT Emulator V1.9.1:
- Update z1090 to z1090-1.9.53.05.01.
- Updated sntl-sud and zpdt-shk-server debian packages to not use the directory /usr/lib/systemd/system. For Ubuntu, the correct location is /lib/systemd/system. For RHEL and SLES, the correct location is /usr/lib/systemd/system.
- Fixed the issue that a large rules.ini file causes coredumps when you run serverconfig_cli.
- Support running zPDT in a docker container running the supported Linux host OS (Rhel and Ubuntu)
For our latest fixes and updates, check out the Fix List page here.
Learn more about Z Development and Test Environment from these videos
ZD&T: Learn What's New for Version 12.0.1
Integration of Z Development and Test Environment and Optim Test Data Fabrication
Z Development and Test Environment: Tools Demonstration
Z Development and Test Environment: Overview
Z Development and Test Environment: Extract Datasets with Application Discovery Integration
DevOps for IBM z using Z Development & Test Environment (ZD&T) - Part 1
DevOps for IBM z using Z Development & Test Environment (ZD&T) - Part 2
DevOps for IBM z using Z Development & Test Environment (ZD&T) - Part 3
DevOps for IBM z using Z Development & Test Environment (ZD&T) - Part 4
Z Development and Testing Hub
Get in touch
Ask on the forum
Read on the blog