IBMÂ® ZÂ® Development and Test Environment provides a platform for mainframe application development, testing and employee education. It enables z/OS, middleware and other z/OS software to run on Intel and Intel-compatible on-premise system and cloud instance without the need for z Systems mainframe hardware.
Learn more here.
Learn more here.
Develop and test z/OS applications anytime, anywhere
Develop software that exploits the latest z14 capability on x86 system.
Comprehensive z/OS 2.3 software distribution to power your API revolution.
Virtualization support opens up deployment to cloud, including deployment to SoftLayer via IBM Cloud Managed DevOps.
What's New in Z Development and Test Environment (ZD&T)
What's New in V12.0.1
- Pre-deployment validation is added. When you deploy an application image to a Linux environment, the pre-deployment validation function will automatically check the target system environment and deployment directory to ensure that the deployment will be successful.
- Support for deleting a Linux target environment with deployed application image is added, you can choose to remove a ZD&T instance from the target system and revert network configuration, and remove application image volume files from the deployment directory.
- ADCD application image can be created with data sets from IBM Z systems.
- Support for compressing the volume files during the creation of an image from an existing ZD&T instance.
- If a deployment fails during the volume transfer, you can resume the deployment at the last volume file thatâ€™s being transferred rather than starting from the beginning.
- Support starting, IPL and stopping the emulator directly from Web UI
- Support SSH certificate login authentication to create an image from an existing ZD&T instance.
- New installers for each edition: Enterprise, Personal, and Parallel Sysplex
- REST API supports deleting application components or images and creating ADCD application images with extracted IBM Z data set components.
- New ADCD z/OS V2R3 May Edition of 2018.
- New zPDT Emulator 1.8.2.
- Various usability, navigation, and defect fixes.
For our latest fixes and updates, check out the V12 Fix Pack here.
Learn more about Z Development and Test Environment from these videos
Integration of Z Development and Test Environment and Optim Test Data Fabrication
Z Development and Test Environment: Tools Demonstration
Z Development and Test Environment: Overview
Z Development and Test Environment: Extract Datasets with Application Discovery Integration
DevOps for IBM z using Z Development & Test Environment (ZD&T) - Part 1
DevOps for IBM z using Z Development & Test Environment (ZD&T) - Part 2
DevOps for IBM z using Z Development & Test Environment (ZD&T) - Part 3
DevOps for IBM z using Z Development & Test Environment (ZD&T) - Part 4
Z Development and Testing Hub
Get in touch
Ask on the forum
Read on the blog