IBM MQ for HPE NonStop 8.0.1 is the first Continuous Delivery (CD) update for MQ NonStop. (WebSphere MQ NonStop 5.3.1 is the current Long Term Support option). The Continuous Delivery releases incrementally build on the MQ 8.0.0 features, providing early, supported access to the latest MQ capabilities. You can obtain Version 8.0.1 from Passport Advantage – search for part numbers CNP2GML for NonStop X and CNP2FML for NonStop i.
What is in MQ NonStop 8.0.1?
Broadly speaking, MQ Nonstop 8.0.1 focuses on porting the remaining V5.3.1 features to V8 and on improving the migration between the different versions. The following new features are available (see the Knowledge Center documentation for more details):
- Enhanced migration utility: The import/export migration utility is improved to support migration between IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8 queue managers (for example, for moving a queue manager from a J Series platform to NonStopX). This tool enables you to move queue data from an IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8 queue manager back to an IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V5.3.1 queue manager. You can use it when you require a fallback from Version 8 to Version 5.3.
- Partitioned queue files: IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8 now supports partitioned queue files. To set partitioning rules, use the enhanced runnscnf tool. (There is no support for using other platform-specific tools, such as FUP.)
- Online queue file migration: It is possible to move queue files to a different disk, and to partition, repartition, or resize queue files while the queue manager is running and while a queue is in active use. This includes system queues. You can also migrate queue files while the queue manager is down (offline migration). It is typical to start migration using the runnscnf tool, but you can instead use altmqfls.
- Installer for upgrading an existing IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8 installation: IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.0.1 introduces a new installer that can install a fresh instance of the product, or upgrade an existing installation. If you upgrade an existing installation, all queue manager configuration and data is preserved.
Can I get a copy of IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.0.1 for evaluation purposes?
Yes, you can. Sign up for the IBM MQ for HPE NonStop Early Access (“Beta”) Program by contacting your local IBM representative or the Beta program manager. You can then download the Beta version of the product which contains V8.0.1 functionality.
Remind me how the Continuous Delivery support model works…
You can identify MQ CD updates by the third digit change – 8.0.1, 8.0.2 and so on. Fixes are provided on the most recent two CD updates, so you need to keep moving forward with the MQ CD releases to receive fixes. MQ CD updates have new function enabled by default.
The IBM MQ FAQ for Long Term Support and Continuous Delivery Releases should answer most of your questions.
Product Documentation and System Requirements
Further information is available here:
- The IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.0 Knowledge Center Product Documentation, with the latest V8.0.1 information.
- The IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8 Product Readme, with information on system requirements.