Summary: When user installs IBM MQ 7509 client on New Windows 2008 machine, MQ 7509 client should add 64 bit and 32 bit (*120*.dll) dlls (which are related to Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2013 runtime) on C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directories. But MQ7509 client is adding only 32bit *120*.dlls under C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory, but not adding 64 bit dlls under C:\Windows\System32. Due to this when user issue dspmqver â€“a / dspmqver â€“p 64, throwing error pop-up saying dll is missing from computer.
Pre-Requisite: Before installing IBM MQ7509 Client on windows 2008, make sure that machine meets the below requirements:
1. Windows 2008 machine should be new
2. Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable client should not be installed on the machine, Go to Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs and check for the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2013 runtime.
3. Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64, C:\Windows\system32 directory and search for the *120*.dll , make sure that these *120*.dlls are not present under these directories.
Note: By default only 2 *120*.dlls are present under system 32 and syswow64
Problem description: After IBM MQ7509 client installation, issue the command dspmqver â€“a / dpsmqver â€“p 64 the below mentioned error pop up while it tries to fetch the 64 Gskit version.
Workaround to resolve the above error:
Download the below mentioned runtime and install before IBM MQ 7509 client installation or after installing IBM MQ 7509 client
1. Download and install the 64 bit vs2013 C runtimes from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784 (file name: vcredist_x64.exe)
2. Check for the 64 bit dlls under system 32 directory
3. Install IBM MQ 7509 client
4. Open the command prompt and issue dspmqver â€“a , dspmqver â€“p 64 , Gskit version is getting displayed without any error.
Note: Above mentioned steps applied when user upgrades the IBM MQ v75GA Client with MQ 7509 Client / MQ 7508 Client with MQ 7509 Client.