When the IBMÂ® MQ Light Node.js API connects to the Message Hub Service in IBM Bluemixâ„˘, a malformed event can be generated.
When using the MQ Light Node.js API in IBM Bluemix, messages originating from third party applications can cause a malformed event. For example:
- If there is no listener registered for the event, then the MQ Light Node.js API will generate an error, which will end the Node.js process.
- If there is a listener registered, then the MQ Light Node.js API will receive message information, which will include additional content about why the message was considered malformed.
A malformed event can also occur when an MQ application sends a message to an MQ Light application, in the following scenarios:
- The message uses a JMS message type that is not supported by the MQ Light API.
- The message has an MQMD.Format field value that is not supported by the MQ Light API.
- The message contains invalid AQMP data.
- The message contains textual data, encoded using a character set that is not supported by the MQ Light API.