Feedback on our new design?
For application developers:
- Exactly the same development APIs and tooling as MQ on Distributed (with a few minor differences, generally to make the appliance simpler to use)
- Almost all MQ Advanced functionality in the box (includes AMS for end to end and at rest encryption, and File transfer support)
- Client only – applications always connect via TCP, no user code runs on the appliance
- Includes AMQP channel / MQLight API support for lightweight rapid application development and deployment
- Simple built-in HA with rapid failover, no message loss, and potentially no application code changes required
- Vastly simplified maintenance – one shot, secure firmware upgrades
- Only IBM firmware ever runs on the system – no exits, no resource hungry application code!
- Powerful system management and monitoring APIs (REST, SNMP)
- Dashboard UI, with enhanced resource monitoring
- See ‘Sample Code’ in the useful links section below for example management scripts in GitHub
Some other key points:
- Based on IBM’s years of experience with (and some firmware components from) DataPower hardware appliances
- High performance, and much less variability (locked down system with no application code, and you’re working with the exact same hardware IBM generates our performance reports, MPA1 and MPA2, on)
- The same great support team and processes behind you with the added assurance of the same hardware / a completely ‘IBM owned’ stack