Feedback on our new design?
MQ on z/OS brings IBM messaging to the heart of the Enterprise. It provides native inter-operation and transactional integrity with applications running in IBM CICS®, IBM IMS™, IBM DB2® and WebSphere Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE) environments. IBM MQ for z/OS is engineered for high-performance, scalability and exploitation of z System uniques, such as support for Sysplex coupling facility, zEDC data compression and hardware cryptography accelerators. As you’d expect from an IBM mainframe, MQ on z/OS provides rock solid reliability and the highest availability messaging when MQ shared queues are used in a Sysplex. In addition to z/OS integration, MQ for z/OS communicates with MQ on other “on-prem” platforms, MQ Appliance and MQ running in public clouds for the exchange of messages and files and connection of MQ Client applications. MQ Advanced for z/OS builds on the base MQ capability adding policy based, application transparent, end-to-end encryption of messages with Advanced Message Security and Managed File Transfer capabilities.
For application developers:
- Applications using traditional COBOL and PL/I languages can call the standard MQ API
- Message bridges are available for CICS and IMS which means transactions running in those environments can be made message driven with no application change
- Java applications running in WebSphere (traditional or Liberty profile), CICS, IMS or native batch can use standard JMS to send and receive messages
- Take advantage of the integrated capabilities of IBM MQ Managed File Transfer and IBM MQ Advanced Message Security directly within the IBM MQ server
- Configure and manage individual aspects of your IBM MQ implementation using IBM MQ Explorer or the new web console
- Upgrade to new releases in confidence – IBM MQ for z/OS provides capability to fallback to the prior release if a maintenance day goes bad
- Simple, consistent provisioning of MQ queue managers and resources via “IBM Cloud Provisioning and Management for z/OS”