IBMÂ® Operational Decision Manager (ODM) V8.9.1 was announced on the 3rd of October 2017 and is now available to use as of November 10th for electronic distribution.
The new release has 3 main themes:
- Performance and scalability improvements
- A new REST API for automation
- Enhanced usage metering
Performance and scalability improvements
There are performance and scalability enhancement of Decision Centerâ€”in particular for large decision services.
There are also improvements in the scalability of Decision Server Insights for entities and aiding offloading these to databases
REST API for Automation
You can now build, test, and deploy decision services from Decision Center via a REST API.
Enhanced Usage Metering
Enhanced usage metering is available in Decision Center with updated support for IBM Cloud Products Insights.
In addition V8.9.1 also provides :
- Decision Center has better interfaces for selecting user groups for LDAP connections and managing decision service snapshots and export-import operations.
- Decision Server Rules and Decision Center have updated support for IBM Cloud Product Insights and support for additional application servers and databases.
- Decision Server Rules has more detailed error messages at compilation and execution. Build Command is extended with a Command Line Interface.
- Decision Server Insights has also received some reliability improvements with internal component upgrades.
ODM 8.9.1 is the maintenance release for ODM 8.9, following fixpack 184.108.40.206. As such, it’s fully compatible with ODM 8.9.