IBMÂ® Operational Decision Manager (ODM) V8.9.1 for z/OS was announced on the 3rd of October 2017 and is available to use as of November 24th.
IBM ODM Standard for z/OSÂ® offers full, transactional decision automation across the enterprise. It is fully compatible with the rule management capabilities of the ODM product family.
The new release has 3 main themes and some z/OS specific enhancements:
- Performance and scalability improvements
- A new REST API for automation
- Enhanced usage metering
Performance and scalability improvements
There are performance and scalability enhancement of Decision Center â€”in particular for large decision services.
REST API for Automation
You can now build, test, and deploy decision services from Decision Center in a distributed environment via a REST API.
Enhanced Usage Metering
Enhanced usage metering is available from Decision Center in a distributed environment with updated support for IBM Cloud Products Insights.
Specific z/OS enhancements
Improved performance when running in IBM CICS TS by hosting the rule execution in a CICS Liberty environment and exploiting the new Link to Liberty capabilities of IBM CICS TS V5.3 and above server deployments
Performance enhancements to the new batched request API
In addition V8.9.1 for Distributed also provides :
- Decision Center has better interfaces for selecting user groups for LDAP connections and managing decision service snapshots and export-import operations.
- Decision Server Rules and Decision Center have updated support for IBM Cloud Product Insights and support for additional application servers and databases.
- Decision Server Rules has more detailed error messages at compilation and execution. Build Command is extended with a Command Line Interface.
ODM 8.9.1 is the maintenance release for ODM 8.9, following fixpack 220.127.116.11. As such, it’s fully compatible with ODM 8.9.