The next version of IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM) has just been announced. It will bring the power of decision modeling into the realm of business experts.
To give you the opportunity to try and learn the benefits of decision modeling now, IBM Decision Composer has just been upgraded. Decision Composer is a streamlined version of ODM. It is available on the cloud with your IBMid. And it’s free.
This version introduces many new capabilities. But foremost, it has been redesigned to enable decision automation practitioners to get started more easily and quickly on authoring executable decisions.
The main highlights of this upgrade are:
- An enhanced user interface and online resources to get started quickly.
- A modeling guide to learn the fundamentals of decision modeling.
- Industry-specific samples illustrating decision models through different use cases.
- New options to simplify the description of the business data needed in your decisions.
- New rule interactions to control how the constituents of the business logic interact.
- New business rules language constructs to author more friendly rules.
Decisions authored with Decision Composer can be consumed (i.e. executed) in different ways:
- Direct execution: As soon as a decision is saved, it is automatically deployed as a REST service that any enterprise or mobile application can invoke.
- Robotic Process Automation: Every decision is exposed as an interactive Web form, empowering robots to make decisions.
- In production: IBM Operational Decision Manager can run your Decision Composer decisions in all its different flavors, both on premises and the cloud.
Additionally, the recently announced ODM 8.10 will offer the same modeling environment that you use in Decision Composer. You will be able to import your Decision Composer projects and develop them to a greater level of sophistication. ODM 8.10 will be available on December 7, 2018.
We’re glad to bring you Decision Composer, and we hope you’ll appreciate the latest version. If you have any questions, you can post them to our dedicated Slack channel. To gain access to the channel, simply ask us to invite you. You can also email your questions to us.
James also wrote this great article on how Decision First Modeler, ODM 8.10 and Decision Composer, combined, can create a great modeling experience and help IBM clients tackle advanced automation problems.