IBMâ€™s premier conference of the year for cloud and mobile computing, InterConnect 2016, is rapidly approaching. Thousands of customers and business partners will converge on Las Vegas to learn about the latest trends and technologies that are shaping the marketplace. Over the past several months, the Open Tech team has been crazy busy developing state of the art sessions, presentations, demos and activities that will blow you away and leave you well educated on the Open Tech landscape.
IBMâ€™s offerings are Open by Design which means that open technology is a core component of all our Cloud, Mobile and Data offerings. We have lots of ways for you to engage with our team at InterConnect to learn about whatâ€™s trending in both established and emerging open communities in a fun, relaxed environment. Here is an overview of a few of the exciting activities we have planned. Hope to see you there!
Open Technology Summit â€“ Sunday, Feb 21st from 4-7pm (Register Today!)
Always a hit with our Interconnect participants, the Open Tech Summit is back once again to kick off your Interconnect experience. Join open tech’s top industry leaders for this relaxed but informative series of lightening talks on the most innovative, game changing open technology communities. The bar will open early and allow you time to network and engage directly with the experts.
- 4:00p: Welcome Reception (open bar and appetizers)
- 4:30p: Welcome & Introduction: Robert LeBlanc, Senior VP, IBM Cloud and Dr. Angel Diaz, VP, IBM Clooud Architecture & Technology
- 4:35p: OpenStack: Jonathan Bryce, Executive Director, OpenStack
- 4:45p: IBM IaaS Offerings: Kim Bannerman, Director, Advocacy & Community, Blue Box, an IBM Company
- 4:55p: Cloud Foundry: Sam Ramji, CEO, Cloud Foundry Foundation
- 5:05p: IBM Bluemix: Jason McGee, IBM Fellow, VP & CTO, Cloud Foundation Services
- 5:15p: Blockchain: Jerry Cuomo, IBM Fellow, VP, Middleware CTO
- 5:25p: DevOps: Dave Lindquist, IBM Fellow, VP of Dev, Mobile & Cloud DevOps and Rachel Reinitz, Distinguished Engineer & CTO IBM Bluemix Garage
- 5:35p: Open Data Services: Aaron Katz, SVP, WW Field Operations, Elastic
- 5:45p: Spark & Kafka: Skyla Loomis, Director, IBM Cloudant Engineering and Adam Kocoloski, DE & CTO, IBM Cloud Data Services
- 5:55p: ODPi: Susan Malaika, IBM STSM, Open Technology for Data
- 6:00p: Open API Initiative: Tony Tam, VP of Swagger Products at SmartBear Software
- 6:10p: Node.js: Bert Belder, Co-founder, StrongLoop, an IBM Company
- 6:20p: Mobile First: John Ponzo, IBM Fellow, CTO Mobile
- 6:30p: Analyst Perspective: Al Sadowski, Research Director, Service Providers, 451 Research
- 6:40p: Closing Reception (open bar and appetizers)
Open Cloud Tech â€“ Cloud Strategy & Directions Track â€“ Monday, Feb 22nd 10:30am-11:30am
In this new InterConnect track, learn how IBMâ€™s recently updated cloud strategy and direction includes all the components required to accelerate your move to becoming a digital business. As part of this track, Todd Moore, IBM VP Open Technology & Partnerships, will present session #6376: Cloud Open by Design: Fueling Client Innovation with Open Technologies. Attendees will learn about the benefits of open technologies and how IBM’s leadership is accelerating key open source communities. Todd will present a roadmap to innovations being delivered by IBM and open communities such as OpenStack and Cloud Foundry. Join us in Mandalay Ballroom A
Main Stage â€“ Open & devOps Thought Leadership Session â€“ Wednesday, Feb 24th 8:30am â€“ 9:30am
New this year is the â€śThought Leadership Seriesâ€ť on main stage. In this Open & DevOps focused session hosted by IBM VP Angel Diaz, learn how to be nimble like a start up and scale with speed like an enterprise.
â€śInnovate like a start up, scale like an enterpriseâ€ť
Itâ€™s what keeps your CEO awake at night â€“ your industry getting disrupted by a competitor you canâ€™t see today. The winners are quick to adapt, fast to innovate. But how do you act like a startup â€“ nimble, energetic and creative â€“ at enterprise scale. DevOps, fused with open technologies, hybrid cloud and design thinking, can close the gap by helping build an enterprise competency for delivering continuous innovation. Join us as industry leaders describe how theyâ€™re transforming their organizations to win. An innovation culture that addresses two-speed IT. Blow-your-ears-back improvements in cycle time, cost and quality. Experimentation, feedback loops and A/B testing. And deploying updates to production â€“ tens of times a day. Donâ€™t miss it.
Open Tech in the Expo
As you pass through the Cognitive Gateway and in the epicenter of the InterConnect expo, you will be challenged to â€śOutThink Marketsâ€ť in the IBM Cloud booth. Once there, you can stop by the Open Cloud and Bluebox ped where you can participate in numerous deep dive demos that highlight what is new in open technology as well as the opportunity to ask the experts any question you may have related to how open tech impacts your cloud environment.
Also while inside the Cloud booth, our experts in Open Tech will have several Engagement Center sessions. Make sure to add these exciting topics to your agenda for the week!
- 6001: Working in Open Communities is the Next Differentiator for Your Solution Tue, 23-Feb 01:45 PM – 02:05 PM Nate Ziemann, IBM; Vince Brunssen, IBM
- 6020: Dockerized OpenStack DevOps: A Unity of Ideology, Open Source and Time-to-Market Fit for All Tue, 23-Feb 03:00 PM – 03:20 PM; Shaun Murakami, IBM
- 7169: Cloudsoft AMPâ€”Model, Monitor and Manage Your Applications on IBM’s Blue Box Cloud Tue, 23-Feb 12:30 PM – 12:50 PM Duncan Johnston-Watt, Cloudsoft Corporation; Alex Heneveld, Cloudsoft Corporation
- 7273: Open Source IoT Solution: SPARK, MARCQS and Basho on IBM Cloud via developerWorks Tue, 23-Feb 02:30 PM – 02:50 PM Jeff Borek, IBM; Dave McCrory, Basho Technologies
- 7382: Active Hybrid Cloud Turns Big Data into Fast Data Tue, 23-Feb 06:00pm – 06:20pm, James Campigli, WANdisco
NEW at InterConnect 2016! Dedicated Open Cloud Track Featuring Industry Leaders
We’re excited to announce that InterConnect has dedicated an entire track to Open Cloud Technologies! Come join us for a deep dive into the world of Open Tech as industry leaders guide us through the dynamic ecosystem of Open Cloud Architecture in a track solely dedicated to what is emerging in this community. Unless otherwise indicated, all the sessions take place in Mandalay Bay, Breakers L.
- 3149: Open Cloud Technology Demystified: Open Source Leaders Tell All Mon, 22-Feb 3:00 PM; Todd Moore, IBM VP Sam Ramji, Cloud Foundry Foundation, Jonathan Bryce, OpenStack Foundation
- 3852: Open Cloud Technologies: Stump the Experts Mon, 22-Feb 4:30 PM; Sam Ramji, Cloud Foundry Foundation, Jonathan Bryce, OpenStack Foundation,Jesse Proudman IBM DE/CTO Christopher Ferris, IBM DE
- 4645: Are We Heading for Foundation Fatigue?Mon 12:00 PM; Duncan Johnston-Watt Cloudsoft Corporation, Sam Ramji, Cloud Foundry Foundation, Tim Crawford, AVOA, Monty Taylor, IBM
- 4664: Cloud Foundry: The Secret Sauce in Bluemix Mon 10:30 AM; Sam Ramji, Cloud Foundry Foundation, Balachandar Rajaraman, IBM Fellow CTO , Brian K. Martin IBM DE, Michael Behrendt, IBM DE
- 4966: Enterprise Cloud Application Orchestration in OpenStack with Governance Policies at UBS Mon 9:30 AM; Johan Minnaar, UBS, Matt F. Rutkowski, IBM
- 6140: The OpenStack Roadmap and How Cloud is “All In” Thurs 10:30 AM; Shamail Tahir IBM, Nate Ziemann, IBM
- 2280: You Are Not Hyperscale and That’s Okay Tues 4:00 PM; Jesse Proudman IBM DE/ CTO, IBM
- 3188: Open Cloud Architecture: Think You Can Out-Innovate the Best of the Rest? Tues 8:30 AM; Chris Ferris, IBM Balachandar Rajaraman, IBM Fellow/CTO
- 3243: Containers and Open Technologies: A Container Service Designed for the Enterprise Tues 2:30 PM Chris Rosen, Senior Technical Offering Manager Containers and CFS and Lin Sun, Cloud Foundation Services
- 3252: Migrating Traditional Enterprise Workloads to OpenStack Tues 12:00 PM; Jesus Arteche IBM, Hans Kristian Moen, IBM Jamal Robinson, IBM
- 4161: An Overview of OpenStack: The Open Source Foundation for Blue Box and â€™s Open Hybrid Cloud Tues 1:15 PM; Duncan Johnston-Watt, Cloudsoft Corporation, Hernan Alvarez IBM, Brad Topol IBM DE
- 3015: Open Doors with an OpenStack Approach Wed 10:00 AM in Mandalay Bay Ballroom A; Mohammed Abdula, IBM VP
- 3437: A Technical Introduction to Cloud Foundry Wed 10:00 AM Stormy Peters, Cloud Foundry
- 4490: Giving Cloud Foundry APIs Their Swagger Back Wed 1:15 PM; Tony Tam SmartBear, Michael Maximilien, IBM
- 5118: Taking the Next Hot Mobile Game Live with Docker and SoftLayer Wed 3:45 PM; Scott Porter, Electronic Arts Firemonkeys, Lennart Goedhart, Electronic Arts Firemonkeys, Daniel Krook IBM Shaun Murakami IBM
- 7204: An IBM and Basho Framework for IoT Integrated Solution Stack on Cloud Using DeveloperWorks Open Wed 2:30 PM; Dave McCrory, CTO Basho Technologies, Jeff Borek, IBM David Martin, IBM DE