With DockerCon only a few days away, the energy is palpable. On June 19th â€“ June 21st, a massive convergence of developers, users, and industry leadersÂ will descend on the Washington State Convention Center to talk about one of the hottest topics in tech: Containers! As the container community continues to grow, DockerCon will be a great place to hear the latest news, developments and enhancements to this technology and growing ecosystem of players.
Here at IBM, we are equally excited to see the progress in container technology and are looking forwardÂ to being a platinum sponsor (again) and havingÂ a significant role acrossÂ this exciting event. You will find IBMers giving talks, providing demos and expertise around IBM’s use of containers in the expo hall, helping host the DockerCon party, and everywhere in-between! For more details on each of these I’ll walk you through IBM’s presence at DockerCon.
Sessions Featuring IBM Speakers
You are not going to want to miss all the sessions that are happening both Monday and Tuesday. IBM is thrilled to have an amazing list of speakers that span across the 2 days of sessions:
- 12:30pm – 1:00pm:Â “Let’s Containerize All the (Multi-Platform) Things!“:Â Community Theater: Phil Estes, STSM & Technical Leader, IBM Cloud Labs
- 2:00pm – 2:45pm: “Production Ready Containers from IBM and Docker“:Â Jason McGee, IBM Fellow, VP and CTO of IBM Cloud PlatformÂ and Chris Rosen, Senior Technical Offering Manager, IBM Containers
- 2:00pm – 2:45pm: “Contribute 101: Engine/Swarm/ContainerD“:Â Phil Estes will share experiences and guidance for contributors interested in the Docker engine. Maintainers of the Swarm and ContainerD projects will also be participating in this contribution session.
- 4:25pm-5:10pm: “ Use Docker to Deliver Cognitive Services Running Cross Platform and Multi Cloud Environments“ Susan Diamond, Continuous Delivery Leader, IBM Watson
- 8:00am – 9:00am: LinuxOne, Power and System z take over the Community Theater for one hour during an IBM sponsored breakfast. There will be 3 lightning talks covering topics such as:
– Driving rapid innovation by using Docker and DevOps on IBM LinuxOne
– Extreme scalability in a box
– Building lighting fast apps with Docker and OpenPOWER.
However, the fun is not limited to those exciting topics, we will also be giving out an Apple Watch to 2 lucky winners during this hour!
- 1:30pm – 2:15pm: “RunC: The Little Engine that Could (Run Docker Containers)“ A “Black Belt” track session featuring Phil Estes, STSM & Technical Leader, IBM Cloud Labs
- 1:30pm – 2:15pm: “Panel: The Open Container Initiative at 12 Months“, Jeff Borek, IBM Open Technologies and other industry partners in the Open Container Initiative will share the status and activity in the OCI since the initial announcement at DockerCon San Francisco in June 2015.
You will find us in the expo right as you enter the front door with tons of cutting edge tech to come investigate. There will be multiple demos that showcase our IBM Container serviceÂ hosted on IBM Bluemix, demos from our LinuxOne, Power and IBM z Systems teams and finally, Code Rally. In this developer game, you can use code to get a race car around the track and the top 3 winners receive a Raspberry Pi! Lastly, want to win an Apple watch?? Come by the IBM booth to find out how!
And last, but certainly not least â€“ everyone loves a party! IBM loves them so much, we had to sponsor this one! The DockerCon After Party promises to be an amazing evening at an incredible location: the EMP museum.Â This museumÂ sits at the base of one of the most well known landmarks in Seattle: the Space Needle. There will be lots of great food, drinks, a DJ, the museumâ€™s exhibits, and what could be better on the longest day of the year than catching a view from the top of the Space Needle!?
Come visit us atÂ DockerCon at any of the above events and activities in Seattle!