IBM is proud to be a Headline Sponsor for the Barcelona OpenStack Summit. Expectations are high for the upcoming summit as speaker session acceptance rates were extremely competitive for Barcelona. With that in mind, I am extremely pleased to inform you that IBM has a large number of presentations and speakers presenting at this prestigious conference. We have over 50 speakers presenting in 32 different sessions. For this summit, IBM continues its strong focus on OpenStack initiatives that are critical for successful production deployment of OpenStack at scale.
On Tuesday, don’t miss Jesse Proudman and Animesh Singh talking about their lessons learned operating hybrid Cloud Foundry deployments on top of OpenStack and how they used underlying technologies like BOSH, Razon, Ansible, Rally to seamlessly operate them. Also on Tuesday, we have some excellent sessions on container technology and how it intersects with OpenStack projects. The team will cover topics such as Magnum, Kuryr, OCI and CNCF and demonstrate live migration of container workloads between OpenStack Nova hosts. Another can’t miss session is Brian Cline’s Swift at Scale session that highlights IBM SoftLayer’s journey of running Swift in over 22 datacenters and the launching of several multi-facility Swift Clusters.
In our Wednesday sessions, big themes include security and scalability with a heavy focus on networking and containers. Neutron and OVN legend Kyle Mestery and team will be speaking about how to scale an OVN-powered OpenStack. Ton Ngo and Winnie Tsang will discuss how they scale Kubernetes, Swarm, and Mesos container clusters managed by OpenStack Magnum. Also look for a talk on securing container platforms by Salman Baset and Phil Estes and a great hands-on workshop by Fernando Diaz and Elvin Tubillara on securing your cloud.
On Thursday, look for some outstanding sessions on OpenStack Interoperability. IBMers have been leading a large cross-community effort called the OpenStack Interoperability Challenge that has been focused on driving improved OpenStack workload portability by demonstrating best practices for automated deployment of enterprise application workloads that work across a variety of OpenStack clouds. After your fill of OpenStack interoperability, be sure to catch more sessions on OpenStack networking solutions, federated cloud access, OpenStackClient, and cluster management of thousands of VMs using OpenStack Senlin.
The daily summaries presented above are only a sampling of the great IBM speaker sessions you will find at OpenStack Barcelona. A complete list of all IBM speaker sessions is provided below. In addition, IBM is also hosting an IBM Client Day on Wednesday, October 26th starting at 11:15am in Room 116 of the CCIB. This is a full-day event featuring Thought Leaders, Executives, and Community Leaders who will share their market perspective, knowledge of OpenStack, and insights on how to design, develop, and maintain applications built on Open Technologies. We also will have book signings and free book giveaways for the extremely popular OpenStack Keystone book. Stop by the IBM Booth in the Marketplace at lunch time on Tuesday, October 25th to get your copy.¬† We look forward to seeing you at all these events!
Tuesday, October 25th
- The path to becoming AUC (Active User Contributors) with Shamail Tahir
- Swift at Scale: The IBM SoftLayer Story with Brian Cline
- Operations as a Service: Lessons learnt operating multiple Cloud Foundry on OpenStack deployments with Animesh Singh, Jesse Proudman
- From Venti Lattes to Valet Parking: Wacky Analogies to Explain OpenStack with Shamail Tahir, Tyler Britten
- Open Container technologies and OpenStack – Sorting through Magnum, Kuryr, the OCI & CNCF with Daniel Krook, Jeffrey Borek
- Live Container Migration on OpenStack with Shaun Murakami, Phil Estes
- PTLs¬†and¬†Cores:¬†We¬†are¬†Not¬†as¬†Scary¬†as¬†You¬†Think¬†–¬†Sponsored¬†by¬†the¬†Women¬†of¬†OpenStack with Jessica Murillo
Wednesday, October 26th ¬†
- A Survey of Container Security in 2016: A Security Update on Container Platforms with Salman Baset, Phil Estes
- Barbican Workshop – Securing the Cloud with Fernando Diaz, Elvin Tubillara
- Help: I have Trove deployed, how do I build guest images? with Mariam John, Greg Haynes
- Toward 10,000’s containers on OpenStack with Winnie Tsang, Ton Ngo
- OpenStack Operations Quick Ramp-up and Survival Guide with Joshua Guan, Fan He, Chun Feng Wu
- Stewardship: bringing more leadership and vision to OpenStack with Colette Alexander
- How to lose clients and alienate coworkers – lessons learned on an OpenStack enterprise journey with Emily Hugenbruch, John Arwe, Ji Chen
- Bite off More Than You Can Chew, Then Chew It: OpenStack Consumption Models with Tyler Britten
- How Scalable is OVN-powered OpenStack: ¬†A Cloud Provider’s Perspective with Hui Kang, Kyle Mestery, Shu Tao
- Enabling AWS S3+Lambda-like functionality with OpenStack Swift and OpenWhisk with Shaun Murakami, Andy Bodine
Thursday, October 27th ¬†
- Beyond Refstack: The Interop Challenge with Catherine Diep,¬† Brad Topol
- Scaling Up OpenStack Networking with Routed Networks with Miguel Lavalle
- Plethora of use cases with Openstack Storlets with Yosef Moatti , Filip Gluszak
- A Deep Dive into Customization in Horizon with Thai Tran ,Cindy Lu
- Openstack Compliance the DevOps way with Paul Czarkowski, Zachary Sais, Rachel Wong
- Monitor and manage your OpenStack cloud on the go! with Michael Brewer, Megan Kostick
- Managing clusters of thousands of VMs using Senlin with Qi Ming Teng, Yan Yan Hu
- Kuryr – Here Comes Advanced Services for Container Networking with Mohammad Banikazemi
- Picking an OpenStack Networking solution with Kyle Mestery
- Measuring and Visualizing Cloud Performance with Perfkit Benchmarker and Kibana with Catherine Diep,Ted Chang, Paul Van eck
- Connecting Cloud Platforms: Federating Access and Control with Henry Nash,¬†Shawn Muller, Jeff Rosas¬†, Stephen SooHoo
- Making Meetup Magic: Growing the OpenStack Community Through Local Events with Tassoula Kokkoris
- Your CLI user experience matter, OpenStackClient 101 with Steve Martinelli
- Interop, You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means with Jason Kennedy, Paul Czarkowski, Liz Durst
- Scaling Science Clouds in Europe with TOSCA and Heat Translator with Sahdev Zala