In this developer code pattern, we will develop an interactive UI integrated with a custom back end that will help e-commerce vendors determine optimal selling prices aimed at increasing sales and maximizing profits.
E-commerce vendors selling competitive products online want to maximize their sales. A key factor for users buying a competitive product is its price. In order to maximize sales, a vendor would need to give the product a best market price, without compromising desired profits.
In this code pattern, you will develop an interactive UI integrated with a custom back end that will help e-commerce vendors decide on optimal selling prices to maximize sales and maintain or exceed desired profits.
- User launches the application.
- Product details are retrieved from MongoDB.
- List of products being sold is displayed.
- User enters profit margin and minimum required profit for the product being sold.
- Information is sent to the back-end IBM Cloud Functions.
- IBM Cloud Functions scrapes competitors’ product details from their websites.
- Custom algorithm computes the optimal price and sends back to the app.
- An interactive tool is displayed to the user on the UI.
- User sets a competitive price using the tool and the UI information.
Ready to put this code pattern to use? Complete details on how to get started setting competitive pricing are in the README. You will learn how to:
- Clone the repo
- Set up MongoDB on IBM Cloud
- Host competitor website on cloud
- Set up IBM Cloud Functions
- Run the app
- Analyze the results