Deploy a simple react application with Kubernetes
Build and deploy a React application using Docker and Kubernetes
Built for developers who are interested in learning how to deploy a React application on Kubernetes, this pattern uses the React and Redux framework and calls the OMDb API to look up movie information based on user input. This pattern can be built and run on both Docker and Kubernetes.
Do you have a front-end application that contains large amounts of duplication, handles complex states, and manages large amounts of data?
After you develop your application, you need to deploy it for the rest of the world to see. There are many choices when looking for the right solution to manage and deploy your application. It can often be overwhelming when you’re trying to pick the right solution.
If you’re looking for a deployment tool that can provide automation, scalability, and management of a deployed application, Kubernetes is the tool for you!
An application must be packaged into a container to deploy on Kubernetes. Docker is an open source tool that is used to package the application into a container. The container is then deployed on Kubernetes for public access. Once the application is deployed, Kubernetes handles the management, scalability, and automation of the deployed application.
When you complete this pattern, you’ll understand how to:
- Containerize a React application by using Docker
- Deploy and manage an application with Kubernetes
- The user accesses the application through the web interface and enters a movie title into the input.
- The React application is rendered to the user on access.
- The application calls the OMDb API and receives a JSON object of the response to show the user.
Find the detailed steps for this pattern in the README. The steps will show you how to:
- Insert your API key into the OMDb API.
- Containerize the application by using Docker.
- Create a Kubernetes cluster.
- Build your Docker image in the cloud.
- Deploy your created Docker image to Kubernetes.