Integrate a building model with TRIRIGA Building Insights
Import an Autodesk BIM model and use Watson IoT Platform to upload real-time data in to TRIRIGA Building Insights
In this developer code pattern, you’ll learn how to import the metadata from an Autodesk Building Information Modeling (BIM) model into a TRIRIGA Building Insights instance. Then, we’ll show you how to customize a building model with additional sensors, and use the Watson IoT Platform as an endpoint to upload live sensor data to TRIRIGA Building Insights.
TRIRIGA is a system that is used to monitor enterprise facilities by integrating data from real estate portfolios, construction projects, workplace assets, and so on.
By integrating a 3D BIM model into TRIRIGA Building Insights, planners and developers can monitor their buildings in a central dashboard by using charts, analytics tools, and more.
We’ll demonstrate how to use Autodesk Revit to build and customize the 3D BIM model by adding various IoT sensors. Then, we’ll demonstrate how to upload the model to the Autodesk Forge cloud service to easily extract the metadata, which you integrate into TRIRIGA Building Insights.
Finally, we’ll show you how to use automation scripts to register the modeled IoT sensors in Watson IoT Platform and TRIRIGA Building Insights. Then, TRIRIGA Building Insights can create dashboard visualizations and predict trends and anomalies in real time.
- A BIM model is designed in Revit. The local path to the Revit file is provided to a Node.js process.
- The Node.js process uploads the model to the Autodesk cloud service and converts it a more accessible format (.svf).
- The Node.js process extracts metadata from the converted model and then generates a KITT TRIRIGA Building Insights manifest file.
- The KITT manifest file is uploaded to TRIRIGA Building Insights either by using the UI or a Node.js process.
- Register the sensors for each building in Watson IoT Platform either by using the UI or a Node.js process
- The sensors publish data to Watson IoT Platform.
- Watson IoT Platfrom forwards the sensor data to TRIRIGA Building Insights.
Ready to give it a try? Please see the README for detailed instructions.