Episode 5 takes a deeper look at re-factoring your apps in the new paradigm of cloud native apps. While re-factoring is often perceived as being basic maintenance work, the opportunities to be creative and re-think how your application is designed and flows is actually very exciting! It’s not just about lifting and shifting an application, application modernization can make your development teams more nimble and agile.
Considering modernizing your apps? Refactor them!
- Article: Challenges and patterns for modernizing a monolithic application into microservices
- Video: Get an introduction to IBM Mono2Micro
- Code pattern: Transform your traditional on-premises app and deploy it as a containerized app on a public cloud
- Podcast: The Application Modernization Series: Refactoring (this podcast)
- Tutorial: Transform monolithic Java applications into microservices with the power of AI