Ever since its inception, IBM PowerVC has been redefining Virtualization management with cutting edge cloud enablement features for Power Systems. PowerVC is taking community OpenStack to enterprise level of implementation and simplifying Hybrid Cloud integration for Power Systems.
IBM PowerVC, in last couple of years, has built-in world-class capabilities and delivered many features targeting customer request through multiple RFEs, Cloud requirement, Power System management flexibilities all in one console. To keep yourself updated with latest development and features delivered in PowerVC releases read all these announcements of features via blogs written from PowerVC developers. Take this opportunity to listen directly from the technical experts explaining individual features in detail.
- Edit Storage connectivity group
- Creating Storage Port Groups in PowerVC
- Zoning per storage provider in PowerVC
- Hitachi Storage Registration in PowerVC
- Data Reduction Pool
- PowerVC automatic HMC redundancy support
- Delete Project
- PowerVC 1.4.3 IO Metrics
- Allow adding SVC IO Groups
- Capturing diagnostic data using powervc-diag – IBM PowerVC
- Disaster Recovery/High Availability of PowerVC using Backup/Restore
- Troubleshooting PowerVC Upgrade with Hitachi storage provider
Recent release of PowerVC included PowerVC 184.108.40.206 (Fix pack update for PowerVC 1.4.3) and upcoming major release of PowerVC 1.4.4 is scheduled in December 2019.
Keep watching for what’s coming next! More the RFEs and exciting use cases more the new features in the product.
We encourage and invite all our esteemed customers to have their say in PowerVC forum by providing requirements and expectation about what else PowerVC should have, via RFEs. We promise to see those RFEs getting into the product roadmap to satisfy growing demand of IBM PowerVC.
Below is the RFE link for anything you have on your mind to get documented for redefining the future.
Request for enhancements
Thanks again for all your support in helping us to take PowerVC to this level.