We will solve the Kaggle Challenge: Titanic: Machine Learning from Disaster. One of the reasons that the ship led to such loss of life was that there were not enough lifeboats for the passengers and crew. Although there was some element of luck involved in surviving the sinking, some groups of people were more likely to survive than others, such as women, children, and the upper-class. You will learn the different steps to complete the analysis of what sorts of people were likely to survive.
In the training you will have use not only IBM SPSS Modeler but also the new Predictive Analytics Cloud service on IBM Bluemix. IBM Predictive Analytics is a full-service Bluemix offering that makes it easy for developers and data scientists to work together to integrate predictive capabilities with their applications.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe what Predictive Modeling is all about and know why you would want to use it
- Understand the CRISP-DM methodology and the IBM SPSS Modeler Workbench
- Understand Common Modeling Techniques
- Use IBM SPSS Modeler to solve a Kaggle competition
- Explore, Prepare, Model and Evaluate your data using IBM SPSS Modeler
- Utilize metrics for performance evaluation and deployment on Bluemix
- This course is free.
- It is self-paced.
- It can be taken at any time.
- It can be taken as many times as you wish.
- Students passing the course (by passing the final exam) will have immediate access to printing their online certificate of achievement.
- Your name in the certificate will appear exactly as entered in your profile in BigDataUniversity.com.
- If you did not pass the course, you can take it again at any time.
Recommended skills prior to taking this course
- Basic knowledge of business statistics (recommended but not required)