Today I am excited to announce the release of IBM SPSS Statistics 24. IBM SPSS Statistics 24 brings enhancements requested from customers for some of our most popular procedures and modules. In fact, throughout the development cycle we worked closely with select customers to address your biggest needs and concerns. This resulted in a product release that feels refreshingly different as we addressed customer requests around enhancing existing analytical procedures and product usability. Here’s a summary of what’s new in IBM SPSS Statistics 24:
- IBM SPSS Statistics Extensions for R, Python, and SPSS Syntax. Extensions provide powerful features for you, the end user, by being a constant stream of new content without requiring a separate purchase or requiring a new product installation. This year we’ve made extensions both easy and fun to try. I encourage everyone to try downloading and building an extension today by navigating to the new Extensions menu.
- Smarter dataset importing and exporting. Getting data into and out of IBM SPSS Statistics is now easier than ever. We know our users primarily use Excel and CSV files to import and export data, so we’ve prioritized ease of use for these channels. The simplified importing will save you hours of time with our new smarter importing algorithms. Simply try importing a text or Excel file to see how fast you’ll go from raw data to statistical insight.
- Custom Tables refresh. Custom Tables is one of our most popular modules. Its drag and drop interface is easy to use while providing the ability to generate everything from simple summaries to deep statistical output. We’ve now made this procedure even more powerful by adding new statistical functionality and customer requested features. Navigate to Analyze -> Custom Tables menu to try it for yourself.
- Other enhancements include a new modern look for table output, Python 3 programmability, revert to saved functionality, support for additional date/time formats, and more. See the full list of what’s new in the online product documentation.
Now I encourage you to:
- Download a free trial of SPSS Statistics 24 at ibm.com/tryspss
- Watch a webinar replay of the new product features in action
- View the full Statistics 24 product documentation
Big thank you to all the sponsored users, beta participants, customers, and IBMers who made this release possible. Be sure to check back here in the Community often for more announcements, downloads, and blog posts.
UPDATE: Version 25 and Subscription versions are now available. They both include all of these features plus more. Click here to learn more.