IBM SPSS Statistics Subscription has generated a lot of excitement since we announced it a few weeks ago. In previous blog posts, we’ve announced the packaging and pricing, and new features like the new Chart Builder and new statistics enhancements. Today, I wanted to address some frequently asked questions we’ve gotten since the announcement.
- What makes SPSS Statistics Subscription different from SPSS Statistics 24?
SPSS Statistics Subscription includes simple packaging, easy downloads, easy licensing via IBMID, and monthly subscription pricing. It will let users be always up to date with the latest product features.
- What are the requirements for SPSS Statistics Subscription?
Windows or Mac desktop machine with a valid internet connection.
- Do I always have to be online to use SPSS Statistics Subscription?
No. The product allows up to 2 weeks of offline use before it requires a valid internet connection to re-authenticate with the license server. Note the trial always requires online access, but this restriction is removed for the purchased product.
- Does SPSS Statistics Subscription launch with new features besides better product management?
Yes. It includes the new Charting features and Advanced Statistics features among others. New features will come out every 1-2 months. Then, subscribers will have the ability to check for updates and install the updates. We encourage subscribers to keep up with the updates to get the most out of the software.
- Has SPSS Statistics Subscription changed the existing SPSS Statistics licensing?
No, the existing licensing and packaging for SPSS Statistics 24 remains the same.
- What are the purchase options available?
SPSS Statistics Subscription is for authorized users at commercial pricing. There is no concurrent, student, or academic pricing at this time. So, it’s not recommended as a replacement for Campus edition, Gradpacks, or Faculty packs.
- Can I subscribe yearly instead of monthly?
Yes. Please contact an IBM seller and they will assist with additional purchase options.
- Can I switch from my existing SPSS licenses to SPSS Statistics Subscription?
No, this is a new offering.
- Is there a server version of SPSS Statistics Subscription?
No, this offering is client only. If you need a server version, please purchase SPSS Statistics 24.
- What is included in the Base edition of SPSS Statistics Subscription?
The Base Edition includes everything that was in SPSS Statistics 24 Base (including charts, correlation, T-tests, frequencies, and much more) plus Bootstrapping and advanced Data Preparation capabilities.
- Are the packages progressive?
No. You can purchase any add-on at any time.
- Is the subscription the only way customers will be able to purchase the product?
No. You can continue to purchase SPSS Statistics 24 as normal.
- Will all SPSS Statistics 24 syntax work with SPSS Statistics Subscription?
Yes. It’s fully backwards compatible.
- Where is this offering available for purchase?
Worldwide starting March 28th.