IBM SPSS Amos 25 was released on August 8th, 2017. The new features in version 25:
- You can perform D-separation analyses.
- You can read R data files (*.rds and *.RData files) if R is installed on your computer.
- You can execute Amos from within an R program. (This is similar to the ability to execute Amos from the IBM SPSS Statistics main menu.)
- You can click File > File Explorer to show the current path diagram (*.amw) file in Windows File Explorer.
- Each user gets a separate copy of the example files. A copy of the example files from the User’s Guide is placed in each user’s Application Data folder. For a user named jim using Amos 25, this folder is located at C:\Users\jim\AppData\Local\AmosDevelopment\Amos\25\Examples.
- Environment variables help you locate important Amos folders.
- The list of variables displayed by View > Variables in Dataset now shows additional information about each variable, and allows sorting by variable name and variable label.
- IBM SPSS Statistics data files (.sav files) can now be viewed in Amos’s View Data window even if Statistics is not installed.
- Support has been discontinued for Lotus data files and for Excel 3 and Excel 4 data files.
SPSS Amos is found in the SPSS Statistics 25 Premium commercial bundle, and is also available to purchase separately. A trial version of Amos 25 will be available by mid-September. Check back here for a direct link to the trial version when it is ready to download.