Understanding of jQuery
So, using jQuery, we can:
- Apply styles to make UI more attractive
- Has nothing to do with models
- Easily manipulate the contents of a webpage
JQuery doesn’t have
- Don’t have a two-way binding feature
- Cross browser functionality enhancement or requirement is quite poor in jQuery
- Becomes complex and difficult to maintain when the size of a project increases
- Sometimes you have to write more code to achieve the same functionality as in Angular.Js
jQuery has seen lot of improvements compared to years back when it was used with limited functionalities. The issues fixed by jQuery aren’t issues anymore.
It looks like most probably jQuery is going to go away in the near future of technology changes as it has limitation to address larger scale of application development and integration with different FRAMEWORKS that are being introduced
Basics of AngularJS
Angular is a way bigger framework which is especially suited for big enterprise applications
In AngularJS you have to have a very structured view and approach on what you want to accomplish. It is scarcely following a linear fashion to complete a task, but rather, the exchanges between various objects take care of the requests and actions, which, then, is necessary as angular is an MVC-Based framework. It also requires an at least general blueprint of the finalized application, since coding depends much on how you want the interactions to be completed.
AngularJS is for developing heavy web applications. AngularJS can use jQuery if itâ€™s present in the web-app when the application is being bootstrapped. If it’s not present in the script path, then AngularJS falls back to its own implementation of the subset of jQuery.
AngularJS is a product by none other the Search Engine Giant Google and itâ€™s an open source MVC-based framework (considered to be the best and only next generation framework). AngularJS is a great tool for building highly rich client-side web applications.
In comparison of features jQuery Vs AngularJS, AngularJS simply offers more features:
- Two-Way data binding
- REST friendly
- MVC-based Pattern
- Deep Linking, Template
- Form Validation
- Dependency Injection
- Full Testing Environment
- Server Communication
Off lately there is a new thing called Angular Express that is being most used by developers given that it provides more enhanced functionalities of data management etc
Overview of reactJS
VueJs & Others
Comparison or differences
3) Security enablement –> Security enablement is not a ready feature avaialble unlike any of the reporting tool. This needs to be carefully thought and implemented. Reason for bringing out this is often the business teams assumes that this is handled by developers during design and development.
4) State Management –> Statement management is a very key functionality one has to be aware of. This is something we would not envision during the initial development stage, but for sure we will face situiations during the development and wonder if there is a simple and easy way to deal with. For such requirement, i guess Angular and reactJS provides more easier and better options to handle during the course of development
6) Single Page appliction –> A single-page application (SPA) is a web application or web site that interacts with the user by dynamically rewriting the current page rather than loading entire new pages from a server. Multi page application (MPA is a traditional kind) of web application. This means that every time the application needs to display the data or submit data back to server it has to request a new page from the server and then render it in the web browser. Definition itself says, SPA application is going to be faster than MPA.
SPA is fast, as most resources (HTML+CSS+Scripts) are only loaded once throughout the lifespan of application. Only data is transmitted back and forth
SPA functionality suits very well when ever the UI / functionalities are going to get developed and implemented as stand alone application.
Small snippet of comparison chart across identified script tools
Summary –> Reasong for outling some of the above details is to help as a quick guide for any developers / decision makers as to what are the important aspects to be looked for and accordingly take the decisions.
Disclaimer –> The information content shared above is purely based on knowledge gained working as part of my job functions. Shall keep sharing more and more information as i come across during my future days. Any positive input from people will always help re-fining this article better and improvise on sharing knowledge back to people. Positive inputs / comments will help a lot.