IoTool, a multi-awards winning smartphone gateway and API, allows IoT researching and fast prototyping with minimal costs in domains: IoT, eHealth, sport&wellnessI4.0, HomeAutomation, Industry 4.0 and Logistics.
Currently IoTool supports more than 100 different sensors with more than 277 sensor readings (like, Arduino, Audio, Bosch XDK, Internal Smartphone, TI SensorTag, Video and similar), 50 actuators (like Arduino, Flic, Internal Smartphone, Lifx and similar) and different types of triggers connected to ordinary smartphone through a very flexible extensions system. Any new sensor, action, actuator, algorithm, trigger or cloud sync uses its own extension (similar like printer drivers). External developers can develop their own extension (usually extension can be made in hours) and their own UI for any type of IoT solutions.
IoTool works on Android devices (phone, tablet, Android TV, Raspberry PI with Android OS installed). IoTool on a smartphone can process (collect, encrypt, store, show values and diagrams, sync to Cloud) up to 24.000 records per second, for example, 12 lead ECG with 2000Hz per lead.
Sensors and Virtual sensors (algorithms)
Triggers, Actions and Recipes
Install IoTool on your Android smartphone as described in our IBM developerWorks recipe: Use a Smartphone as an IoT gateway to IBM Watson IoT
Registering to IoTool Personal
IoTool can store and export data locally (on your smartphone), but it can additionally store and access your data in the IoTool cloud. For that you need an IoToolÂ Cloud subscription. IoTool Personal is available for free for the first 30 days.Â
You should enter promo code â€śfreetrialâ€ť to get free access for the first 30 days.
After getting a username/password for IoTool Personal you need to:
Install IoTool Cloud extension on your smartphone (link works only for already registered users)
On your smartphone:
- Start IoTool
- Open an IoTool Drawer
- Select Settings -> Cloud
- Set UseÂ cloud
- Click Select cloud service
- Select IoTool Cloud
- Select IoTool Cloud Settings
- Enter the Server URL, Database username, Database password you got duringÂ IoTool Personal registration
- Select Send file
Installing IBM Watson Analytics
*only if you have not installed it yet
IBM Watson Analytics is available for free for first 30 days.
IBM Watson Analytics is available at the IBM marketplace. You can find it by searching for â€śIBM Watson Analyticsâ€ť: https://www.ibm.com/marketplace/search/us/en-us?terms=IBM+Watson+Analytics.
Then you can click on â€śSign up for freeâ€ť, where you can get access to it the most quickly by already having an IBMid.
Connecting IBM Watson Analytics to IoT data source of IoTool Personal / 1
- Launch IBM Watson analytics at https://myibm.ibm.com/products-services/
- Click the user icon in the upper right corner and select â€śAccount settingsâ€ť
- Select â€śSecure gatewaysâ€ť in the left sidebar
- Click the â€śAdd Gatewayâ€ť icon
- Name your gateway, you may unselect both settings, click to AddGateway
- Click the gear icon of previously added Gateway
- Copy the gateway key by clicking at the copy icon (e.g. eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJjb25maWd1cmF0aW9uX2lkIjoiV2Fmd2w5MUVzWVZfcHJvZF9uZyIsInJlZ2lvbiI6InVzLXNvdXRoIiwiaWF0IjoxNDgzNTI2NAI0fQ.SvcNkbxM-x-E0NmpMUuSiWiLLRaEduaLbSDrGghFzpY), Gateway ID (e.g. Wafwl91EsAV_prod_ng) and Node (e.g. cap-sg-prd-5.integration.ibmcloud.com)
- Send us an email at email@example.com
We will enable your Gateway for you at IoTool Personal server. You should wait for our confirmation that weâ€™ve done it. After that two red rings representing the gateway availability will become green. Then you may proceed.
Connecting IBM Watson Analytics to IoT data source of IoTool Personal / 2
- Click â€śData connectionsâ€ť in the left sidebar
- Click the plus icon in the upper right corner
- Select a connector type PostgreSQL
- Enter data connection properties: name it, select previously added Secure Gateway, enter â€ślocalhostâ€ť, enter â€ś5000â€ť, enter â€śiotoolâ€ť, enter your IoTool Personal username, enter your IoTool Personal password
- Click the Create button
Now you have full access to all your data collected at IoTool Personal to be analyzed with IBM Watson Analytics.
Add data from IoTool Personal to IBM Watson Analytics and tune it
- Select Data upper toolbar
- Click â€ś+ New Dataâ€ť button
- Click â€śConnectionâ€ť button
- Click the connection that youâ€™ve set up before
- Enter or update your IoTool Personal credentials and click â€śContinueâ€ť button
Now you can see the only public db schema and by clicking it also its tables and views. At this stage you should select the data you would like to analyse with IBM Watson Analytics. There are two tables which name ends with â€ś_hrfâ€ť. These are humane readable views which are made from other listed tables. Analysing these two views only is the most common among all our IoTool users.
- Select tables and views you wish analyse
- You may shape the data before when needed (filter, combine, convert and many other data operations)
- Click the â€śUploadâ€ť icon, name your data set and press OK to finally upload your data to IBM Watson Analytics
You data will be automatically analysed, processed and uploaded by IBM Watson Analytics. There is an icon representing your data just uploaded to IBM Watson Analytics.
Discover data from IoTool Personal with IBM Watson Analytics
Press at the icon representing your data and discover your data with IBM Watson Analytics.