Learning Path: Deploying to a private cloud
Everything you need to know about multi-cloud management
IBM Cloud™ Private is a private container as a service (CaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS) cloud platform. With enterprises moving towards app modernization and incorporating a multi-cloud environment, this learning path is an introduction to enterprise developers who are interested in learning how a private cloud deployment can streamline their work and development.
Upon completion of this learning path, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between a public and private cloud.
- Understand how a private cloud offers containerization capabilities.
- Convert your web application to a Helm chart.
- Utilize Istio to ease strain and workload.
- Replicate a sample application that enables you to automate specific actions, without having to orchestrate between all of the different services yourself.
This learning path is designed for the cloud application developer.
Before you begin, make sure you have the following:
- An IBM Cloud account.
- The latest version of the IBM Cloud command-line interface (CLI).
- Familiarity with the Kubectl CLI.
- Knowledge and preparation for creating clusters.
The skill level of this learning path is for a beginner.
Estimated time to complete
It will take you approximately 12 hours to complete this entire learning path.
Discover how a private cloud combines the advantages of hosting and other cloud capabilities.
Why you should care about containers, how they differ from microservices, and where to run them.
Tips on using a Helm chart with IBM Cloud Private or a private cluster on a public cloud.
Learn how to use Istio in a multi-cluster environment for sharing services between the clusters.
Use the Voice Gateway offering on IBM Cloud Private to orchestrate Watson™ services and Twilio.