This blog post series aims to explain the fundamentals and concepts of Red Hat OpenShift to developers who are new to the platform and would like to understand the core basics of it. In this series, I explain the OpenShift architecture and operators, the view of developer and adminstrator on the web console, and some basic command lines, and introduce OpenShift pipelines. I explain these concepts through a simple use-case around the e-commerce platform.
If you are interested in learning about containers and microservices before getting started with this series, I recommend taking a look at the Microsurvival: Container basics series.
Blog posts in this series
Get an introduction to the fundamentals and concepts of Red Hat OpenShift, starting with its architecture and components.
Explore the OpenShift web console and CLI and learn about the capabilities of the Developer and Administrator perspectives on the platform.
Explore the key features of Red Hat OpenShift Pipelines, and learn how you can execute a pipeline.
Repurpose your skills as you modernize your apps
- Blog post: Red Hat OpenShift 4.3 on IBM Cloud introduces improvements for developers
- Video: Master class: A deep dive into cloud-native Java featuring Jakarta EE and Eclipse MicroProfile
- Series: Open Liberty and Eclipse MicroProfile
- Podcast: The Application Modernization Series: Skills
- Series: Red Hat OpenShift 101 (this series)