In this video, you can learn about the performance troubleshooting techniques that you can use in IBM Spectrum Controlâ„˘. Watch Bob, the storage administrator, investigate a problem raised with a critical medical database application.
Watch Bob use the following techniques to investigate the problem in IBM Spectrum Control:
- Troubleshoot performance from the point of view of an application.
- Change which metrics are displayed in the performance charts.
- View the relationships between resources very easily.
- Compare metrics by time range: Select a predefined time range or a custom time range.
- Compare different metrics within the same time range, and compare the same metrics across different time ranges.
- Identify the best or worst values for a performance metric from a large list of resources. For example, you might want to see which of your managed disks is handling the most workload, or which volumes have the highest response times.
- Use the performance view: Click resources in the legend, open the view in new window, export, show only one metric in the chart, view performance charts side by side, synchronize charts.
The performance troubleshooting techniques shown in the video also apply to IBM Spectrum Control Storage Insights.
Join the conversation
Are you interested in taking the first step with software defined storage? Contact your IBM Business Partner or sales representative, or join the conversation with #IBMStorage and #softwaredefinedstorage.
For a complete overview, see IBM Spectrum Storage Suite overview.