So you want to monitor all the ports on your SAN Volume Controller (SVC) but also want to separately monitor the following subsets of ports on the SAN Volume Controller:
- Ports that are used for inter-node communication
- Ports that are used for host I/O exchanges
- Add the ports that are used for inter-node communication to a general group, for example, SVC Inter Node Ports.
- Add the ports that are used for host I/O exchanges to another general group, for example, SVC Host I/O Ports.
- Add the groups as subgroups of a parent general group, for example, SVC All Ports.
- In the menu bar, click Groups > General Groups.
- Click the number of groups or the group name (for example, SVC Inter Node Ports or SVC Host I/O Ports) that is shown in the subgroups column.
- Click the Subgroups tab.
- The top-level groups in general group hierarchies
- All general groups that are not part of a general group hierarchy
For continuing information on IBM Spectrum Control, IBM Storage Insights and entire IBM Spectrum Storage Suite, or Twitter, @bobby_gratz