Last year, IBM announced the new FlashSystem A9000 & A9000R new HyperSwap capability. I have provided an overview in a previous post.
FlashSystem A9000 and A9000R storage systems – existing and¬†new – can now be clustered to deliver active-active all-flash storage access, using the new HyperSwap capability.
HyperSwap is made of 100% built-in system software, and requires no extra license or hardware. Once existing FlashSystem A9000 & A9000R systems are hot-upgraded to version 12.1, ¬†or new systems are deployed, they are HyperSwap ready. That’s impressively close to having top-notch all-flash high-availability storage across your data centers. To round it up, we’ve invested a lot to make sure that HyperSwap solutions are simple to manage, well supported by other infrastructure, and well documented.¬†For those of you who are going to be planning HyperSwap solutions, driving HyperSwap hands-on, or are otherwise interested in more details about FlashSystem A9000 & A9000R HyperSwap, here’s a list of resources:
- 2:47 minutes video:¬†HyperSwap Overview¬†
- IBM Redbooks | IBM HyperSwap for IBM FlashSystem A9000 and A9000R
- HyperSwap for FlashSystem A9000 & A9000R¬†
- 15:56 minutes video:¬†Managing¬†Hyperswap and Mirroring using the Hyper-Scale manager
- Clustering FlashSystem A9000 & A9000R systems, using the¬†IBM Spectrum Accelerate Family HyperSwap Quorum Witness
- VMware: vSphere Stretch Cluster Solutions with HyperSwap
- VMware:¬†Using HyperSwap with VMware Site Recovery Manager
- VMware: 4:30 minutes video:¬†A9000 /R HyperSwap Live Migration VMware SRM
- VMware¬†+ Oracle RAC: End-to-end high-availability¬†solution described in a video and a blog post
- HyperSwap management with IBM Copy Services Manager (CSM)
- A CSM & A9000 video demo (at 8:40 minutes)
- HyperSwap & native host connectivity: Validate with the Host Attachment Kit
- HyperSwap snapshots
- HyperSwap snapshots & the Microsoft Windows Server Volume Shadow Copy (VSS)
- IBM FlashSystem A9000 and A9000R¬†system software¬†version 12.1¬†
- IBM Redbooks | IBM FlashSystem A9000 and A9000R Business Continuity Solutions
Some of the links above hook into FlashSystem A9000 (Pod) documentation. Identical HyperSwap documentation is available for¬†FlashSystem A9000R (Rack), here.
This post will be updated with newer FlashSystem A9000/R HyperSwap resources as they become available.