Last year, IBM announced the new FlashSystem A9000 & A9000R new HyperSwap capability. I have provided an overview in a previous post.
FlashSystem A9000 and A9000R storage systems – existing and new – can now be clustered to deliver active-active all-flash storage access, using the new HyperSwap capability.
HyperSwap is made of 100% built-in system software, and requires no extra license or hardware. Once existing FlashSystem A9000 & A9000R systems are hot-upgraded to version 12.1, or new systems are deployed, they are HyperSwap ready. That’s impressively close to having top-notch all-flash high-availability storage across your data centers. To round it up, we’ve invested a lot to make sure that HyperSwap solutions are simple to manage, well supported by other infrastructure, and well documented. For those of you who are going to be planning HyperSwap solutions, driving HyperSwap hands-on, or are otherwise interested in more details about FlashSystem A9000 & A9000R HyperSwap, here’s a list of resources:
- 2:47 minutes video: HyperSwap Overview
- IBM Redbooks | IBM HyperSwap for IBM FlashSystem A9000 and A9000R
- HyperSwap for FlashSystem A9000 & A9000R
- 15:56 minutes video: Managing Hyperswap and Mirroring using the Hyper-Scale manager
- Clustering FlashSystem A9000 & A9000R systems, using the IBM Spectrum Accelerate Family HyperSwap Quorum Witness
- VMware: vSphere Stretch Cluster Solutions with HyperSwap
- VMware: Using HyperSwap with VMware Site Recovery Manager
- VMware: 4:30 minutes video: A9000 /R HyperSwap Live Migration VMware SRM
- VMware + Oracle RAC: End-to-end high-availability solution described in a video and a blog post
- HyperSwap management with IBM Copy Services Manager (CSM)
- A CSM & A9000 video demo (at 8:40 minutes)
- HyperSwap & native host connectivity: Validate with the Host Attachment Kit
- HyperSwap snapshots
- HyperSwap snapshots & the Microsoft Windows Server Volume Shadow Copy (VSS)
- IBM FlashSystem A9000 and A9000R system software version 12.1
- IBM Redbooks | IBM FlashSystem A9000 and A9000R Business Continuity Solutions
Some of the links above hook into FlashSystem A9000 (Pod) documentation. Identical HyperSwap documentation is available for FlashSystem A9000R (Rack), here.
This post will be updated with newer FlashSystem A9000/R HyperSwap resources as they become available.