IBM Spectrum Scale 5.0.2 has been released and here are the features now available for IBM Z:
- OS currency updates
- File audit logging
File audit logging captures file operations on a file system and logs them to a retention enabled fileset.
Following events will be captured: OPEN, CREATE, CLOSE, RENAME, XATTRCHANGE, ACLCHANGE,UNLINK, DESTROY, RMDIR or GPFSATTRCHANGE
- Installation Toolkit
There are several steps required to establish and start an IBM Spectrum Scale cluster.
The installation toolkit, available for RHEL 7.x and SLES12.x distributions, automates many of the steps listed below.
- Install and configure Spectrum Scale (Integrated Protocols not supported on s390x)
- Create NSDs and Filesystem
- Add Spectrum Scale nodes to an existing cluster
- Deploy and configure GUI and performance monitoring tools over Spectrum Scale
- Perform verification before installing, deploying, or upgrading
- Enable and configure call home and file audit logging functions
- Upgrade Spectrum Scale