IBM Spectrum Protect solutions:
- Enable software defined storage environments, by delivering file, application and VM-level data protection for IBM Spectrum Storage and other SDS environments.
- Extend IBM Spectrum Protect’s native object storage support to IBM Cleversafe’s reliable and scalable storage platform.
- Integrate with VMware and Hyper-V for efficient virtual machine data protection that includes hardware-assisted snapshots, copy management, incremental ‘forever’ backups and new self-service restore portal, initially for VMware.
- Mitigate the risk of data loss with frequent snapshots, multi-site replication and Disaster Recovery management.
- Reduce the total cost of data protection with built-in efficiency features that can reduce backup infrastructure costs by up to 53 percent, based on IBM assessments using Butterfly software. Wide choice of license plans.
IBM Spectrum Protect Live Demo
Anyone can be a data protection expert by using the Operations Center! Even with thousands of systems, virtual machines, and applications over multiple sites, you can quickly verify that your data is protected and identify any trouble spots. Launch the demo to learn more.Launch Demo
File Restore demo
By using the IBM Spectrum Protect file restore interface, users can restore their files from a Data Protection for VMware backup without administrator assistance.
This demonstration features a live environment with sample data on a virtual machine backup that you can restore.Launch Demo
Meet the Experts
Colin Dawson has been with IBM Spectrum Protect (formerly Tivoli Storage Manager) since version 1 release 1 in 1993. Through the years, he has worked in many areas of the server with emphasis on inventory management, session protocol, LAN-Free, and the database. His current role is as server architect with responsibility and oversight for the functional enhancements being implemented in a given release along with input to the product and other such forward-looking considerations.
Jim Smith is an IBM Spectrum Protect architect with responsibilities for the Backup-Archive client, Data Protection for VMware, and Space Management products. Jim has been involved with the ADSM and TSM products since their introduction in 1993.