Streams v5.2 is a cloud-native application runtime environment. This means it can also be installed on Red Hat OpenShift or Kubernetes environments. When Streams is installed outside of the Cloud Pak for Data environment in Kubernetes or OpenShift, this is called a stand-alone deployment.
To learn more about the Streams v5.2 architecture, watch the overview video.
This video is a step by step demonstration of installing Streams as a stand-alone deployment on Red Hat OpenShift.
It covers the following steps:
- Deploy Streams Kubernetes operators
- Setup an OpenShift project or Kubernetes namespace (1:43)
- Load Streams images into an image registry (3:36)
- Apply Streams Kubernetes operator manifest (4:57)
- Create a Streams instance
- Copy the IBMStreamsInstance manifest example (6:06)
- Configure your instance values (6:44)
- Apply the instance manifest (8:52)
- Enable access to the Streams console
- Configure service types in instance manifest (10:51)
- Apply updated manifest (12:02)
- Use the Streams console
- Open the console (12:32)
- Submit a Streams job (13:21)
- Delete a Streams instance (14:11)
Installing Streams v5.2 on Red Hat OpenShift