KubeCon 2018: Meet us in Seattle next week
KubeCon is coming up! Find relevant sessions and meet the team behind the IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service.
If you’re one of the many developers or administrators who’s heading to Seattle next week, we hope to see you there! KubeCon is almost here, where you’ll soon be fully immersed in orchestration, Kubernetes, containers, and multi-cloud environments.
Come chat with us!
We’ll have an IBM booth at KubeCon, so make sure to find us and chat with us! We’ll have some cool swag and raffles for cool gadgets. (Who doesn’t love free stuff?) And if you’re one of the many developers or administrators who’s currently deploying with the IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service, you’ll get to meet the team that works behind the scenes and brings the Kubernetes Service to life. Our architects, developers, offering managers, and open source gurus will be at the IBM Cloud booth ready and willing to speak to you about your experience, address any questions, and take feedback. We truly value our relationship with each and every developer and would be delighted to meet you face to face.
Looking to use the Kubenetes Service? Whether you’re new or experienced, come join us at our usability lab! Sign up for a 15-minute 1:1 session and we’ll help you reimagine the future of your user experience.
Sessions at KubeCon
Here’s a breakdown of all the sessions where some IBMers will be presenting at KubeCon:
Monday, December 10
- Get the Cert: Build Your Next App with Kubernetes + Istio
- Kick-off KubeCon with IBM Cloud Garage’s ArcadeCon
- Knative, Kubernetes, Istio: A New Cloud Stack? Panel at 11:50AM (an OpenShift Commons Gathering)
Tuesday, December 11
- Intro: IBM Cloud SIG
- Intro: Service Catalog SIG
- Machine Learning Model Serviing and Pipeline Using KNative
- Intro: containerd
- Building Security into Kubernetes Deployment Pipelines
- Intro: CNCF Serverless WG/CloudEvents
Wednesday, December 12
- Keynote: The Unification of Containers, Apps, and Functions
- Deep Dive: containerd
- Extending Load Balancer Using CRD in Different Kubernetes Cloud Providers
Thursday, December 13
- Panel Discussion: Microservices and Service Mesh
- Deep Dive: IBM Cloud SIG
- Deep Dive: Service Catalog SIG
- How Standards, Specifications, and Runtimes Make for Better Containers
- Container Security and Multi-Tenancy Tales from Kata and Nabla
- Game Server Networking with Envoy
So as you can see, there are going to be a ton of sessions for you to learn about the latest in containers and orchestration. You’ll also have several chances to ask some of the top minds in containers with panel discussions. With a few days still left to finalize your travel itineraries, accomodations, and which sessions you want to attend (see full schedule here), you might want to keep a mental list of questions to bring to the sessions, and even quickly brush up on your knowledge.
Here are some resources that you can look over this weekend if you’ve got the time:
If you’re crunched for time, here are some quicker tutorials and code patterns you can try out while you’re waiting to board your plane:
- Deploy a simple Python application with Kubernetes
- Canary deployment with Jenkins and Istio
- Transform your traditional on-premises app and deploy it as a containerized app on a public or private cloud
- Design a step-tracking app with Kitura and Kubernetes
So if you’re at KubeCon, stop in at the IBM booth, mention this message and get connected with our team. See you there!