This code pattern explains how to build an AI-powered back end system that can take the daily essentials orders through an online mode.
How do we keep people from hoarding essential items during a pandemic and a lockdown? How can people get essential items through a digital mode?
Today, because of social distancing and other issues it can be risky for some people to shop for essential items in person. This code pattern helps with this issue by giving people an online option to shop for essentials.
In this code pattern, learn how to build an AI-powered back end system that can take the daily essentials orders through an online mode. The system processes the incoming text requests by converting them to formatted orders lists. Then, this system can be connected to the inventory database for optimizing supply chain management. This solution can be applied to various domains, such as ordering medicine and ordering groceries.
When you have completed this code pattern, you understand how to:
- Preprocess textual data and extract relevant details
- Use and train Watson Assistant for capturing details
- Use IBM Db2® for storing the data
- Deploy the solution on IBM Cloud
- Enable processing orders and inventory management on a real-time basis
- Feed the data to the Watson Assistant service.
- Convert the text into intents and entities, and enable the conversation.
- Extract the order and customer details from the text.
- The extracted attributes get stored on Db2 Database on IBM Cloud.
- Visualize the order and customer details from the input text on a dashboard.
Get the detailed instructions in the README file. These steps show you how to:
- Clone the GitHub repository.
- Set up the Watson Assistant service.
- Set up IBM Db2.
- Add the credentials to the application.
- Deploy the application to Cloud Foundry.
- Analyze the results.