Helm is often described as the Kubernetes application package manager. So, what does Helm give you over using
These labs provide an insight on the advantages of using Helm. There are two scenarios in several of the labs. The first scenario provides an example of how to perform the task using
kubectl. The second scenario provides an example of using helm. When you complete all of the labs, you will:
- Understand the core concepts of Helm
- Understand the advantages of deployment using Helm over Kubernetes directly, looking at:
- Application management
- Revision management
- Repositories and chart sharing
- A running Kubernetes cluster. See the Getting started with IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service or Kubernetes getting started guides for details about creating a cluster.
- Helm installed and initialized with the Kubernetes cluster. See the Installing Helm on IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service lab or the Helm quick start guide for details about installing Helm.