In this first tutorial in the Build Smart on Kubernetes World Tour series, you explore the Red Hat® OpenShift® development environment and learn how to use many of the best parts of OpenShift. You use OpenShift to deploy a sample Node.js application on IBM Cloud.
If you are new to OpenShift and Kubernetes, this tutorial can help you understand core skills. Check out the link at the end of this page to see the workshop exercises. Complete the lab to learn the following skills:
- The OpenShift web client, command-line interface (CLI), and REST APIs
- OS management
- Projects and users
- Builds and deployments
- Services, routes, and scaling
- Continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD)
Start on your path to app modernization
- Video: Lessons from nature: containers and biology
- Blog: What are containers and why do you need them? (this blog)
- Article: The true benefits of moving to containers
- Video: Containers + IBM Z — are they a match?
- Tutorial: Red Hat OpenShift basics: A quick lab to explore the OpenShift development environment (this tutorial)
- Podcast: Containers & Orchestration