Learn how to integrate the security capabilities of MobileFirst Foundation with IBM API Connect by using the MobileFirst OAuth Provider API template.
In this video:
- Vidyasagar Machupalli, Developer Advocate, Offering Manager at IBM for Cloud and Mobile
MobileFirst security basics include:
- Security test, a set of tests used to protect a resource
- Realm creates a relationship between a MobileFirst login module and a MobileFirst authenticator to provide a means of authentication
- Authenticator parses incoming requests from a MobileFirst client to search for required credentials when a protected resource is requested
- Login module validates the credentials of incoming requests
- User identity, created after successful validation of credentials, contains at minimum a user name and a display name – it can contain other attributes
API Connect is an API management product that addresses critical aspects of the API lifecycle for both on-premises and cloud environments, providing the capability to create, run, manage, and secure APIs and microservices.
OAuth is an open standard for token-based authentication and authorization on the Internet. An OAuth provider API contains the authorization and token endpoints of an OAuth flow.
More information on Bluemix and MobileFirst
Tutorials, demos, tips, how-to guides, and discussions with technical experts in software development, by developers, for developers.