In this video:
- Lorna Mitchell, Developer Advocate, IBM
IBM Developer Advocate Lorna Mitchell is a fan of the watch-and-learn school of information dissemination and in this presentation from the Twilio Signal Developer Conference, she shows you how to build a simple Stack Overflow dashboard app to bring in data from external sources and handle updates to databases and notifications to external systems.
Lorna talks about why you should consider serverless technology and then explains the structure of databases to prepare you for the demonstration. She discusses the tools needed to write the necessary functions, platforms you can use, and how to work with actions before moving on to the main attraction, building the data pipeline.
She explores the various types of code components in detail – trigger, collector, invoker, storer, and notifier functions – and then finishes up with resources to increase your knowledge of how the technology and data interact.
Resources for you
- Explore IBM Serverless Code Patterns
- Slides from this talk
- Watch more videos on serverless technologies, including
- You can watch more videos from the Signal conference in London
- What serverless platform is right for you?
- Enhance your enterprise applications using serverless and APIs
- Explore OpenWhisk at developerWorks | at dWTV
- Explore Bluemix compute options: Cloud Foundry + OpenWhisk
- Learn how to get started with OpenWhisk-based IBM Cloud Functions
- Explore OpenWhisk on Bluemix
- Try Bluemix for free