In this video:
- Joshua Elliot, Software Engineer, IBM Watson Natural Language Understanding
In this video, developer Joshua Elliott will take you on a journey to learn the development basics of using Natural Language Understanding as he demonstrates how the service works by analyzing text to extract meta-data from content and he provides some common use cases.
The Natural Language Understanding service allows you to add the ability to your application to let you perform natural language processing that can enable advanced text analysis capabilities. (Natural language processing is the field of study concerned with programming computers to successfully process large samples of actual human language to derive a set of rules that govern the natural language in question.)
The service offers developers the ability to analyze text to extract meta-data from content such as concepts, entities, keywords, categories, sentiment, emotion, relations, and semantic roles, all using natural language understanding. You can develop your own custom annotation models using Watson Knowledge Studio (see side trip in Resources) that will help you identify industry and domain specific entities and relations in unstructured text.
Resources for you
- Explore Natural Language Understanding
- Play with the demo
- Learn more from the series
- Watson Developer Cloud
- Invitation to Watson Developer Community Slack channel
- developerWorks Cognitive hub
- Take a Knowledge Studio side trip:
- Explore Natural Language Understanding on IBM Cloud
- Try Watson services on Bluemix free