IBM Distinguished Engineer and Solutions Architect Sanjeev Sharma delivers a basic, comprehensive overview of the DevOps concept.
In this video:
- Sanjeev Sharma, IBM Distinguished Engineer and Solutions Architect
We get an idea at a design stage or a requirement from a customer or an enhancement or a bugfix. Now, how do we get that out to production where it can be of value to the customer? You can’t give it to the customer at this point (because of regulations or a missing piece), so we use a customer surrogate and get feedback on how they are using it. We use the feedback to improve.
Sharma explains that the concept suggests the team improve two things:
- The product itself
- The deployment process itself
He adds that the process is usually improved in two ways:
- Reduce the amount of rework that needs to be done for the specific project
- Reduce the amount of overhead in the process in general
More information on DevOps
- Learn more about this topic at developerWorks
- Two great books on DevOps from Sanjeev Sharma
Tutorials, demos, tips, how-to guides, and discussions with technical experts in software development, by developers, for developers.