In this video:
- Tim Parmenter, Technical Professional, IBM
- Mark Jamison, Accelerated Value Specialist, IBM
Data breaches, the requirement to protect IP, and the desire to maintain a trusted brand are mobilizing organizations in every industry to seek strong security protection for the critical information and data that exists in their IT infrastructure. As more applications move to cloud, mobile, and other devices, more data is generated and stored for analytics, so the overall risk of exposure increases.
In this three-video series, IBM Security Specialists Tim Parmenter and Mark Jamison demonstrate how to provide an enterprise-level security solution that focuses on encryption for:
- File-level encryption and key management for critical data containers
- Policy-based access controls that decrypt information only for authorized processes and users
- File-level data access logging and alerting
In this episode, Tim Parmenter does a live demo for both database access and Windows file system access.
IBM Guardium provides encryption capabilities to help you safeguard on-premises structured and unstructured data and has minimal performance impact and requires no changes to databases, applications, or networks.
Resources for you
- How to install IBM InfoSphere Guardium Data Encryption
- Watch a holistic data security strategy for encrypting data at rest
- What’s new in IBM Security Guardium V10
- Securing IoT data over the network
- Learn more about IBM System z’s ability to encrypt all data, all the time
- IBM Multi-Cloud Data Encryption Data Sheet
- Try Bluemix free