In this video series, learn how to build a simple IoT home automation system just using a few basic sensors, Raspberry Pi, and Node-RED.
In this video:
- Anna Gerber, Software Engineer and Maker, Console Connect
You might have trouble hearing your door bell when you’re upstairs wearing headphones, so have you thought about building a smart doorbell system?
This is your lucky day. In this video series, Anna Gerber will show you step by step how to build a simple home automation system just using a few basic sensors, Raspberry Pi, and Node-RED (and maybe some twine, toothpicks, and chewing gum, à la MacGyver). According to Anna,
“… sometimes the best home automation systems are the ones that set out to solve simple problems.”
Anna will discuss the hardware and software components for the project, show you how to assemble the circuit, how to set up Node-RED on Raspberry Pi, how to build Node-RED flows, how to add a relay and update Node-RED, and how to box and install the product.
Resources for you
- Related articles and tutorials on developerWorks
- Hands-on IoT videos on developerWorks TV
- All related videos on developerWorks TV
- Community-contributed tutorials on developerWorks Recipes
- Courses for developers
- IBM Watson IoT Platform Developer Center
- Explore Watson IoT on Bluemix
- Open a free Bluemix account