In this video:
- J Steven Perry, Principal Consultant, Makoto Consulting Group, Inc
Topics covered include:
- Overview of Kubernetes technology, including definining pods, nodes, clusters, desired states, and the like
- Installation of the requisite software, including Docker, VirtualBox, Node.js, and Minikube
- Working with a Kubernetes application by creating a containerized application
- Deploying the application to Minikube
- Managing the application with kubectl and the Kubernetes Dashboard Web UI
Resources for you
- Kubernetes TV
- Deploy MicroProfile-based Java microservices using MicroProfile and Kubernetes
- Cloud-host a graph database using Kubernetes
J Steven Perry has been a professional software developer since 1991 using a variety of languages, but his favorite is Java. He is the author of Java Management Extensions (O’Reilly) and has written numerous articles and tutorials as a developerWorks contributor since 2009. Steve is Principal Consultant for Makoto Consulting Group, Inc. in Little Rock, AR, USA.
Tutorials, demos, tips, how-to guides, and discussions with technical experts in software development, by developers, for developers.