Engineering Site Operations
Rick and Kyle are back at it this week with a new discussion on breaking down the silos between development and operations! They discuss the traditional roles of Application Developers, the more recently popularized role of Site Reliability Engineer, and some new evolving roles that can be leveraged to make your infrastructure, platforms, and applications run even smoother.
Topics covered this week:
- Defining Application Developers & Site Reliability Engineers
- What exactly defines a “site”?
- How do you divide work between AppDevs and SREs?
- Avoiding the “Squaderfall” trap!
- A new cross-squad role defined – Systems Reliability Engineer
- Completing the matrix with Systems Developers
- Putting on the right hats & getting to know all your squads!
Get Started with Microservices Today!