Analytics & Data in a Microservices World
This week Rick is joined by Adam Storm (@stormadamj) and Phil Downey (@PhillipDowney) from the IBM Db2 Event Store team to discuss the difficulties in dealing with data at scale, how we’ve tried to conquer it in the past, how the recent real-time analytics boon has changed our perspective, and some available options that are out there today to bring you the best of both worlds.
You’ll also want to not miss the discussion on the IBM Db2 Event Store offering, with the Developer Edition and Beta options available now at https://ibm.biz/eventstore.
Topics covered this week:
- What are some of the use cases of massively-large data-based microservices?
- What are some of the challenges encountered in massive-data microservice applications?
- What are the differences in storage and analysis use cases in massively-large data-based microservices?
- Why are Lambda architecture-based systems the wrong choice for massive-data microservice applications?
- How do you see the evolving trend of separating compute & data impacting microservices-based applications?
Get Started with Microservices Today!
- IBM Cloud Garage Method – Microservices Reference Architecture
- Microservices with Kubernetes
- Deploy a microservices app on Kubernetes – Hands-on Tutorial
- Get your Game On! with Kubernetes
- Get started with Microservices tutorials from developerWorks.