Edge analytics is an approach to data collection and analysis in which an automated analytical computation is performed on data at a sensor, network switch, or other device instead of waiting for the data to be sent back to a centralized data store. You can just imagine what benefits this capability would add in the areas of latency, bandwidth, and connectivity.
In this series
In this video series, you will learn about the Watson IoT Edge Analytics software development kit, an SDK that allows you to integrate the Watson IoT Platform Edge Analytics Agent with your app or gateway. You can integrate the agent to analyze data quickly and the agent integrates your edge devices and data into the Watson IoT Platform.
The videos in the series will
- Introduce you to the SDK
- Show you how to work with Watson and the SDK
- Show you how to get started with the SDK
- Demonstrate real-world projects (with Raspberry Pi)
- Visit the entire video playlist
Let’s get started.
Connecting gateway, devices, and schemas
Creating analytic rules for the edge
Building edge rules with moving average and Z-score values
Blending edge and cloud rules
Using smoothing functions
Performing anomaly detection
Resources for you
- Try these related developerWorks recipes
- Learn how to perform advanced calculations for edge virtual properties
- Explore the Watson Developer Cloud
- Keep an eye on the edge analytics cookbook
- Explore edge analytics samples on GitHub
- Explore edge analytics on IBM Cloud
- Try Bluemix free