In this video:
Walk and Explore is an intelligent smartphone platform designed to create relevant experiences and enhance interactions between people, tourism product providers, and city services. In this video, company Co-founder and CTO Jose Najera takes you on a tour of the platform (and New York City) from the user perspective. It will help you plan your visit by letting you align your preferences, the ages of your fellow travelers, and other parameters with places, events, and tourism products.
The navigation system uses artificial intelligence to display suggestions and will come up with new places of interest that you did not plan at the start – plus, it keeps an eye on the weather for you too and will offer other ideas if there’s a chance of rain.
The system will keep you entertained, too: Occasionally, it will ask if you want to play a game, answer some trivia questions, or go on a scavenger hunt, with all activities tied to your location by geo-fencing. Actions are triggered based on user response, time, location, movement, weather, admin action, and many other factors.
It continuously performs an analysis, based on the individual city expert administrator-defined rules and your own specified preferences, and through this analysis will help you build an agenda.
Some of the Watson services Walk and Explore integrates include Natural Language Understanding, Text to Speech, Visual Recognition, and the alert service from the Weather Company.
Resources for you
- Explore the Big Apple with Walk and Explore
- Discover how IBM can help to power your startup
- Learn about the Weather Company alerts
- Learn more about Watson Natural Language Understanding
- Try the NLU demo
- Explore Watson Visual Recognition
- Try the VR demo
- Examine Watson Text to Speech
- Try the Text to Speech demo
- Explore cognitive computing at developerWorks
- Use Watson Natural Language Understanding on Bluemix
- Use Watson Visual Recognition on Bluemix
- Use Watson Text to Speech on Bluemix
- Try Bluemix for free