Part 1 prepare prerequisites:
- Set up a UCD server with the Chef plug-in installed.
To use the IBM Integration Bus cookbook with UCD, you must install the Chef plug-ins, as these are not there by default. This article does not cover the set up of UCD itself. To learn more about setting up UCD, review the UCD documentation.
- Set up the target system ready for the UCD agent.
This system will have the UCD agent and the IBM Integration Bus runtime and BAR file deployed to it. The UCD agent will also be used to download the Chef cookbook, and copy the product installation files into the UCD storage. This article describes the setup for a target machine which has the RedHat Enterprise Linux operating system.
- Create an IIB_Chef_Test_Node agent, and install it on the target system.
Part 2 use UCD to automate the installation of the IBM Integration Bus runtime by using the IBM Integration Bus Chef cookbook:
- Create an IIB_Chef_Cookbook component, which contains a clone of the IIB Chef cookbook from GitHub.
- Create an IIB_
Runt ime_ Usin g_Ch ef component, which contains the product install files, and a process that installs the IBM Integration Bus runtime by using the Chef cookbook.
- Create an IIB_Chef_Test_App application, which combines the above components.
- Create an IIB_Chef_Test_Env environment, which associates the IIB_Chef_Test_App application components with the IIB_Chef_Test_Node agent. When the above prerequisites are complete, the IBM Integration Bus runtime can be deployed automatically from UCD.
Part 3 use UCD to automate the deployment of the application BAR file by using IBM Integration Bus commands:
- Create an IIB_Test_BAR component, which contains a BAR file, and a process that deploys the BAR file.
- Update the IIB_Chef_Test_App application to include the IIB_Test_BAR component, and add its process to the application process.
- Update the IIB_Chef_Test_Env environment to add the IIB_Test_BAR component to the IIB_Chef_Test_Node agent.
- When the above prerequisites are complete, the IBM Integration Bus runtime and BAR file can be deployed automatically from UCD
In addition to above, an UrbanCode Deploy plugin is also available that provides some steps out of the box. Information on that plugin can be found here.