Update June 2016:
IBM Knowledge Center was upgraded to version 2.0. PDFs have not been enabled in the new version yet. The following instructions will not work until PDFs are re-enabled.
Here’s a tip for how to generate a PDF from IBM Knowledge Center. You can create a PDF from any custom group of topics, but as an example, here’s how to generate a PDF of an entire product version’s documentation (which in Knowledge Center terms, we refer to as a “collection”):
- Log in to Knowledge Center with your ibm.com ID and password: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/
- In Knowledge Center, in the table of contents, browse to the product, but not to a specific version of the product. The table of contents shows the versions of the product for which documentation is available. For example, the following image shows three versions of IBM UrbanCode Release.
- Right-click a version and then click Save this product to a new collection, as shown in the following picture.
- Give the new collection a name, such as “Release 6.1,” and click OK.
- At the bottom left of the page, click My Collections.
- Click the name of the collection you created, not any pages inside the collection. The content pane shows the name of the collection, as shown in the following picture.
- At the top right of the page, click Create PDF File. Creating the file may take some time. When the file is ready, your web browser prompts you to save the file.
- Save the file to your computer.
The file is available for one hour or until you create a new PDF. You can download the file from the link next to the Create PDF File link.